About the Crossref admin category

Hello Crossref members!
Do you have questions about billing or invoicing, your Crossref credentials, or want to update your official contacts? Post here and someone will get back to you soon.

If your question is urgent, contact our membership team on member@crossref.org. And don’t forget to look at other questions here in the Community Forum or at our documentation first in case it’s already answered there.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Thanks, Vanessa, for creating this topic.

A quick intro about myself: I’m from Brazil and I became part of Crossref - as an Ambassador - this year! I’m very happy and available to help, Crossref tools are part of my daily routine, so if you are struggling with something, let us know, maybe “Ive been there too” and I can help based on my own experience :wink:

In Portuguese: como sou brasileira, caso alguém tenha alguma dificuldade com ferramentas do Crossref, eu posso te auxiliar em Português também. Lembrando que, ao usar o fórum para dúvidas ao invés de e-mails você estará ajudando outras pessoas que, certamente, passarão pelo mesmo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

This topic is important. Thanks, @Vanessa.

About myself: I’m from Brazil, and I have been active as an Ambassador for 2 years and studying and using Crossref services for over 12 years. I´m a librarian with experience as an executive editor from various journals at my university. I have experience in publishing and researcher in best practices, metadata, open access, publishing quality. In this community, I will be answering questions about Crossref services, experiences and I´m very happy to help.

In Portuguese: Bem vindos ao fórum, sempre façam perguntas aqui, estarei respondendo a questões da comunidade em português também, assim ajudando outras pessoas que tenham dúvidas no futuro. Sou embaixador do Crossref no Brasil com experiência de mais de 12 anos utilizando os serviços. Sou bibliotecário, e fui editor executivo de várias revistas em minha universidade, em todas as áreas do conhecimento, e atualmente editor executivo de uma revista de Matemática. Também sou pesquisador e palestrante em editoração. Estarei respondendo a questões sobre os serviços e dúvidas gerais e compartilhando conhecimento e experiências. Perguntem sempre nesse fórum, ficarei muito feliz em responder!

2 Likes

Hola, soy embajador de Crossref desde 2018, si tiene preguntas en español, publíquelas aquí y con mucho gusto trataré de responderlas :wink:

Hi there! I am Crossref Ambassador from 2018, if you have a question in Spanish post it here and I will be happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am excited about the new community platform and am looking forward to engaging in it.

A quick introduction about myself; my name is Mohamad Mostafa, Crossref Ambassador based in Dubai, UAE, Publishing Editor at Knowledge E, Initiator & Guidelines Writer of Think. Check. Attend. I have a wide experience in Open Access and scholarly publishing with a focus on supporting regional research communities.

In Arabic:

محمد مصطفي حاصل على بكالوريوس العلوم، تخصص فيزياء، من جامعة المنوفية، مصر. يتمتع محمد بخبره واسعه في مجال النشر الأكاديمي وخاصة الوصول الحر وقد اكتسب خبرته الواسعة من خلال عمله الحالي في شركة نوليدج اي بمدينة دبي، وكذلك عمله السابق بشركة هنداوي للنشر. وقد شارك في مراجعة وإطلاق النسخة العربية من موقع مؤسسة أوركيد، بالإضافة إلى توفير جميع المواد الدعائية والتعليمية الخاصة بالموقع باللغة العربية. تشمل مجالات خبراته الفروع التالية: أخلاقيات النشر العلمي، حقوق الملكية الفكرية للأبحاث والرسائل العلمية، نشر وتطوير دوريات تعمل بنظام الوصول الحر، والتعامل مع قواعد البيانات الدولية ومواقع الفهرسة. في اغسطس 2017، قام محمد بإطلاق وتطوير مبادرة جديده تدعي فكر.دقق.إحضر. والغرض الاساسي من هذه المبادرة هو توفير الدعم والمساعدة اللازمة للباحثين عند اختيارهم أنسب المؤتمرات العلمية للحضور ولعرض أبحاثهم. وقد قام بالإفصاح عن هذه المبادرة لأول مره في الاجتماع السنوي للمجلس الأسيوي للمحررين العلمين. وفيما يخص مبادرة فكر.دقق.أرسل، فقد قام بإتاحتها باللغة العربية لكل الباحثين العرب. كذلك قام بتدريب العديد من الباحثين وأمناء المكتبات ورؤساء تحرير الدوريات العلمية على الممارسات الصحيحة المتبعة في مجال النشر الأكاديمي وكيفية التعرف على الناشرين المخادعين وطرق تجنبهم، بالإضافة إلى خدمات كروس رف في عدد من دول الشرق الأوسط من بينها السعودية، الإمارات، ومصر.

All the best,
Mohamad

2 Likes

Dear colleagues! I am Zolkover Andrii- Ambassador of Crossref in Ukraine. And I will be glad to cooperate in the field of scientific publications

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am Dr. Md. Shariful Islam from Bangladesh and working as an editor of a new journal. We have got our DOI prefix and I am trying to deposit journal and article metadata using Crossref’s web deposit form. But I am having trouble with this. The problem is after filling up all the info in web deposit form, when I click Submit Journal/Issue DOI or Add Articles, the next screen displays null (reset). Please see the screenshots.

web-2

Can anybody please help me how can I be able to register our content with Crossref using web deposit form?

Note: The Journal completely new and we don’t have any technical person to build a xml file to deposit content. Since we are gonna have fewer contents to deposit, we will prefer the web deposit form rather xml (because I don’t have any knowledge on xml and I am the responsible person to deposit content in Crossref).

Thanks.
Shariful

Hello Shariful,

Thanks for the message.

Are you still having issues with the Web Deposit form? I have tried to replicate the issue here and I am able to use the form successfully.

If you are still having issues with the form, could you please try again and if it doesn’t work, right click on the page and ‘view source’ then right click on that page and ‘save as’ and send the html file to me at support@crossref.org and I will be able to investigate that further for you.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks a lot Paul. Later I used your Metadata Manager tool and I have successfully submitted my metadata using that tool. That’s pretty simple and user friendly. I will use that tool in future as well and if I have any issues, I will communicate with you.

Thanks again for the reply.

1 Like

Olá, Estou tendo esse mesmo problema.
Porém meu contudo não é jornal, é livro.
Posso usar a ferramenta metadata?

@amplamentecursos, não , por enquanto o Metadata Manager é para Artigos Científicos apenas.

Houve um webinar sobre Livros, está em inglês, mas vou te passar link dos slides e gravação:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hello Ambassador Team!