ISSN has already been assigned, issn is assigned to another title

Hello,

We have this error while trying to submit our new article:

ISSN "25933612" has already been assigned, issn (25933612) is assigned to another title (NEMESIS)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<doi_batch_diagnostic status="completed" sp="ds3.crossref.org">
   <submission_id>1558262410</submission_id>
   <batch_id>_1673872272</batch_id>
   <record_diagnostic status="Failure" msg_id="22">
      <doi>all doi's under the current journal element</doi>
      <msg>ISSN "25933612" has already been assigned, issn (25933612) is assigned to another title (NEMESIS)</msg>
   </record_diagnostic>
   <batch_data>
      <record_count>1</record_count>
      <success_count>0</success_count>
      <warning_count>0</warning_count>
      <failure_count>1</failure_count>
   </batch_data>
</doi_batch_diagnostic>

I guess there is an error with the title, but I can’t found out what. I have compared title (in xml) of our new article and an old one but there is no difference:

New one:

<full_title>NEMESIS Negative effects in medical science: oral and maxillofacial surgery</full_title>
        <abbrev_title>Nemesis</abbrev_title>

Old one:

<full_title>NEMESIS Negative effects in medical science: oral and maxillofacial surgery</full_title>
        <abbrev_title>Nemesis</abbrev_title>

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks.
Noémie

Hello @njamar,

Thanks for posting.

The reason that you are getting this error is because the titles do not match between the system and the deposit. Please see the details below for this.

title on system: NEMESIS
title on deposit: NEMESIS Negative effects in medical science: oral and maxillofacial surgery

Both titles would need to match exactly for the system to accept the deposit, you would need to change the title on the deposit if the one on our system is the one that is the registered title or I can change the title on our system if you would like me to.

Do feel free to reach out at support@crossref.org if you would prefer also.

Thank you,
Paul

We would prefer to keep “NEMESIS Negative effects in medical science: oral and maxillofacial surgery”. If you can change it on the system, that would be very appreciated.

A big thanks,
Noémie

Thank you for the confirmation. I have made those changes for you so could you try depositing to us again and see if that goes through successfully now.

Many thanks,
Paul

1 Like

У меня тоже такая проблема.
Здравствуйте, при попытке депонировать DOI для статей с помощью платформы OJS, выходит такая проблема, пожалуйста помогите её решить.

ISSN “16945220” has already been assigned, issn (16945220) is assigned to another title (Science Education Engineering)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<doi_batch_diagnostic status=“completed” sp=“ds5”>
<submission_id>1610148440</submission_id>
<batch_id>_1706955789</batch_id>
<record_diagnostic status=“Failure” msg_id=“22”>
all doi’s under the current journal element
ISSN “16945220” has already been assigned, issn (16945220) is assigned to another title (Science Education Engineering)
</record_diagnostic>
<batch_data>
<record_count>1</record_count>
<success_count>0</success_count>
<warning_count>0</warning_count>
<failure_count>1</failure_count>
</batch_data>
</doi_batch_diagnostic>

Основной язык нашего журнала “Русский” название на русском нашего журнала: “Наука. Образование. Техника”

Я решил проблему таким образом, поменял название журнала на «Наука. Образование. Техника» на «Science Education Engineering», после этого проблема с присвоением doi на статьи решена. Но это временное решение, так как официальное название нашего журнала «Наука. Образование. Техника». «Science Education Engineering» — это только перевод названия журнала на английский язык. Можем ли мы поменять зарегистрированное у вас название нашего журнала с «Science Education Engineering» на «Наука. Образование. Техника»?

Hello @mirlanet ,

Consistency with the journal titles being sent in your registration attempts is important. I wrote in great detail about this in this forum post: Ticket of the month - October 2023 - Dispelling pesky journal-title-level registration errors

The journal title that was previously registered by the member Kyrgyz-Uzbek International University named after B. Sydykov (10.54834) for ISSN 16945220 was: Science. Education. Engineering

As you can see from my screenshot, that journal title was registered for all of the 211 DOIs registered for that journal. Thus, our system is expecting that future submissions will also use this journal title. In submission 1610148440, the journal title submitted to us with ISSN 16945220 was: Наука. Образование. Техника

Since those journal titles do not match exactly, we failed the registration attempt.

The journal title in our admin tool that we use for checking new registrations against has been updated from Science. Education. Engineering to Наука. Образование. Техника as requested, so you’ll be able to use the new journal title in your submissions going forward.

I have also successfully reprocessed submission 1610148440. The DOI in that submission - 10.54834/16945220_2023_2_5 - has been successfully registered, as you can see by resolving the DOI link: https://doi.org/10.54834/16945220_2023_2_5

Please note, this will not change the journal title metadata in the metadata records for any of that journal’s previously registered DOIs. If you wish to update any DOI metadata, you’ll need to submit new metadata deposits and the newly deposited metadata will overwrite any previously deposited metadata. There is no fee for metadata updates.

Warm regards,
Isaac

спасибо вам большое, за ваш помощь.

1 Like