Crossref at the 4th Annual Data-Driven Knowledge Discovery Symposium in Zhuhai, China

Last week I had the opportunity to attend the 4th Annual Data-Driven Knowledge Discovery Symposium jointly hosted by the Editorial Board of Journal of Data and Information Science
(JDIS) of the NSLCAS, the Research Center for Research Integrity under the NSLCAS, and the
International Center for Complex Systems at Beijing Normal University (BCNU) in Zhuhai, China. The aim of the meeting was to share information about challenges to research integrity and the efforts that are underway, in terms of new tools and innovations, to encounter these challenges. The 2-day event saw attendance from scholarly publishers, academics, editors, and representatives from hospitals. I was invited to speak on Crossref’s role in the Integrity of the Scholarly Record (ISR). The meeting enabled knowledge exchange on the key topic of research integrity between China and the international research community.

I also signed an MOU on Crossref’s behalf to agree to be a part of a group to help “promote meaningful communication and knowledge sharing around research integrity between related stakeholders in China and the international research community”. This MOU was signed by 20 organizations and 3 individual representatives, and we are excited for the next steps as this research integrity working group develops.

7 Likes

Hi Madhura! I joined the symposium online. You made a great presentation!

5 Likes

Thank you very much, I am glad that you liked the presentation!

1 Like