Changes to ithenticate IP addresses?

Hi there,
We have been seeing a number of messages from the Atypon platform that an Ithenticate IP range has been blocked from crawling the ASM Journals site (journals.asm.org).
Is there a way that Crossref can let us know if you are seeing issue/ if there is something that ASM should adjust?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, because the safelisting is between you (ASM Journals) and Turnitin, we canā€™t necessarily see what is causing this issue. I would recommend reaching out to your contact at Atypon and reminding them that they need to be safelisting Turnitinā€™s IP addresses and allowing their crawler so that ASM Journals can participate in the Similarity Check service.

If they need more information on exactly the IP range and the Turnitin bot, please ask them to check out this page here.

If they follow up with more questions or it continues to be blocked, do let us know.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply. The challenge appears to be around this IP range: 199.47.82.0 to 199.47.82.15. What we are struggling with is that when we flagged this issue with Atypon, this appears to be a non-issue as the IP addresses are whitelisted.

I just want to triple check before closing this out.
Is there a crawl report that would highlight that? (I canā€™t access the logs so I canā€™t confirm that there is a problem)

Hi,

Iā€™ve spoken with my contact at Turnitin, and he indicated that the IP range you mention is incorrect. Iā€™m going to message you directly with his contact information so that he can help you sort out the right range to use.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks you, and I will look out for the email!

investigate the issue by checking ASMā€™s server logs and comparing them with the Atypon messages to identify any potential adjustments needed for the specific Ithenticate IP address range that is being blocked.