Error message Deposit submission ID: 1502270823

Hello,
I just use the web deposit form with submission ID: 1502270823, the response I got is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<doi_batch_diagnostic status=“completed” sp=“ds5”>
<submission_id>1502270823</submission_id>
<batch_id>12fab62417720fa68844dc4</batch_id>
<record_diagnostic status=“Failure” msg_id=“29”>

Deposited XML is not well-formed or does not validate: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.
</record_diagnostic>
<batch_data>
<record_count>1</record_count>
<success_count>0</success_count>
<warning_count>0</warning_count>
<failure_count>1</failure_count>
</batch_data>
</doi_batch_diagnostic>

kindly assist me or explain the error message for me to make correction

1 Like

Hi @caleb ,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the community forum.

It looks like one of the special characters on line 14 of the XML that was created from your web deposit form submission is not encoding correctly. As part of your submission, we emailed you the XML that was created by the web deposit form. Can you send me that XML (to support@crossref.org) so I can take a closer look at the XML itself?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

Hi Isaac, i have the same mistake

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<doi_batch_diagnostic status=“completed” sp=“ds4.crossref.org”>
<submission_id>1536649565</submission_id>
<batch_id>-4d90550d17f4602e089370f</batch_id>
<record_diagnostic status=“Failure” msg_id=“29”>

Deposited XML is not well-formed or does not validate: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.
</record_diagnostic>
<batch_data>
<record_count>1</record_count>
<success_count>0</success_count>
<warning_count>0</warning_count>
<failure_count>1</failure_count>
</batch_data>
</doi_batch_diagnostic>

Please can you help me!! Thanks, I send the XML to support@crossref.org
Submission: 1536649565

Hello @yrajimenez ,

The error message:

<msg>Deposited XML is not well-formed or does not validate: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.: Error on line 14: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document.</msg>

Means that there is a bad character on line 14 of the XML that was created using the web deposit form. This usually happens when a member is using a text editor to copy and paste from - and the formatting comes along to the web deposit form. We encourage you to use a plain-text editor going forward.

If you can attach the XML file that was created by the web deposit form that is generating this error, I can investigate the problem for you.

My best,
Isaac