[Ask] Cited-by Plugin for OJS 3.x

Hello, as I recall Cited-by services only can be implemented in OJS 2.x version. Is there any plan shortly to run the service in OJS 3.x also? I ask this because almost 80% journals in my institution using OJS 3.x as their platform. Or is there any update information regarding cited-by services?

Thank you

Hi Todi,

Good questions!

I’ll have to query my colleagues at PKP/OJS about this one. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

-Isaac

Hi Isaac, is there any news from PKP/OJS yet? :slightly_smiling_face: thanks

Hi @mratodi. OJS 3.1.2 is scheduled for release in February, which will include their new API, and reference linking. After that release, PKP will begin looking at integrating the Cited-by service, among other enhancements. There’s no firm timeline for Cited-by/OJS implementation at the moment.

-Isaac

Hi Isaac,
are there any news on a cited by integration in OJS 3.x or an upcoming plugin?
Thanks in advance and cheers,
Tim

Hi @TBoxHmr,

Thanks for following up on this. We know you’re not alone in wanting to know more about the Cited-by plugin for OJS. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update at this time. As soon as we get confirmation from PKP on a timeline, I’ll provide an update here.

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Dear @ifarley

Any news about OJS plugin? We are also eager to install Cited-By plugin in OJS.

Best regards,

Edvin E

1 Like

Hi @edvin.e,

We do not yet have a timeline for the release of the cited-by plugin for OJS. Once we do, we’ll let everyone know (and I’ll post a link to that communication here).

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Dear @ifarley

The Cited-By plugin in OJS is very important thing. My journal uses Crossref service Cited-by, but we cannot give the information on that fact in the current version of OJS. This is a very serious lack of this system, significantly lowering the standards of our journal. So please reply, when will the Cited-by in OJS plugin be released?

With my best wishes,
Michal

Thanks for following up, @Michal_Kokowski .

PKP does not yet have a timeline for the release of the cited-by plugin for OJS. Once PKP has established a timeline, we’ll let everyone know (and I’ll post a link to that communication here).

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Hello to all!!! As I saw that nobody answered, I want to inform you that PKP has cited-by for OJS, I use the same and it works. At the moment I cannot put the link but I hope that you can find it.
If you find the problem, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Lazar